There is an article over on PickupTrucks.com talking about the sales numbers for the optional 3.0 litre EcoDiesel in the Ram half-ton pickup.
Some of the interesting facts:
- Initial orders totaled more than 10,000 units.
- Currently a truck with the EcoDiesel sits on the lot for 13 days or less.
- Cost for the diesel option is $2,850.
- Engine often paired with higher trim packages that push the cost north of $50k USD.
- This engine offers the best half-ton fuel economy 28 mpg.
Will the strong sales continue and what will happen when the Canyon/Colorado arrive with the Diesel option in a little over a years time.